Gain Insight From Raw Data Using Descriptive Statistics
Descriptive Statistics teaches students to collect sample data, engage in exploratory data analysis, compare statistical distributions, and to communicate statistical results both correctly and effectively. In this module, students will learn to collect, summarize, visualize and explore raw data to transform it into actionable business insights. The skills of this module are the standard for business data analytics.
- Sample data using an appropriate sampling method
- Identify basic properties of common statistical distributions
- Describe and visualize variables and their relationships in a data sample
Who should attend:
Associate Enterprise Data Analyst (AEDA)
Descriptive Statistics is one of the modules under our Associate Enterprise Data Analyst (AEDA) programme. AEDA is a 15- day training program that provides analysts with the tools required for efficient Data Analysis.
Details of Subject
- Exploratory Data Analysis – Participants will learn the statistical concepts they need to explore, understand, summarize and visualize data. Students will be able to use information derived from quantifying and visualizing distributions and relationships in data to generate business insights. They will be able to understand and analyze business objects and their impacts on business key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Statistical Distributions – Participants will learn about various statistical distributions and their differences. Students will be able to use statistical distributions to compare data variables and make predictions in business use cases where distribution parameters are known. Statistical distributions help business analysts to understand and estimate business objects.
- Sampling – Participants will learn how to select representative samples from a population as well as methods to design sampling methods to generate reliable statistical estimates. Students will learn how to generate reliable datasets from business objects to be used for further analysis in business.
EDP CADS Certified Descriptive Statistics
Descriptive Statistics takes data in samples and evaluates data-driven decisions. This certification shows mastery of sampling, distributions, relational variables, and various graphical representations. Do keep in mind that the test is in R code. If you work from clear data-driven insights instead of assumptions, get certified.
Hear from Our Alumni
Register Interest for Group or Organisation Enrolment